Whenever you talk about increasing muscle mass, a food comes out: the egg. The truth is that it is one of the most beneficial to achieve this goal, although sometimes it has been able to raise some doubts in relation to whether it is convenient to eat it whole, that is, yolk and clear, or if it is only the clear one that has these properties.
Despite the different investigations and tests that have been carried out, everything seems to indicate that it is the egg white that most helps to increase muscle mass. However, it is important to take it properly and know that not everyone can consume it because, in some cases, you will not be able to have more muscle. Here we explain how to take egg white to increase muscle mass.
Why egg white is good for increasing muscle mass
Egg white is rich in amino acids such as leucine, which is responsible for activating the synthesis of ingested proteins, thus contributing to muscle gain.
Thanks to this particularity, the egg white also allows 100% of the proteins to be absorbed by the body when a release of these amino acids in the blood takes place quickly. In addition, they act on insulin, producing spikes that favor reaching the inside of the muscle cell.
Egg whites for muscle – precautions
The egg is a food that is very rich for the body. In addition, the latest research has shown that it does not increase bad cholesterol, provided that it is not always eaten fried and wrapped in oil or accompanied by fats. In this way, it is possible to take an egg every day.
However, despite the large amount of protein it contains, it is convenient to know that not everyone can take it to increase muscle mass because good results will not be achieved.
Who can’t take egg white to gain muscle
This is the case of people who are overweight or overweight. Many of them take advantage of its greater volume to convert it into muscle mass. And it is a mistake because it is not possible to increase muscle, since the hormones are not balanced and in order when you have an excess of fats.
In this way, the effect of eating the egg whites will be very limited or non-existent. What should be done is to be at the ideal weight and, from there, start muscular with exercise and the help of food.
How many eggs to eat a day to gain muscle mass
To gain muscle mass, it is important to take a daily amount of protein. In general, it is estimated that 2 grams should be ingested daily for every kilo that is weighed.
To calculate how many egg whites you have to eat, you can establish the relationship that 4 egg whites are about 15 grams of protein. Anyway, it is important that there is variation in the proteins you take and not limit them only to the egg because the body also needs energy.
It is also important that you distribute them throughout the day. In fact, many experts recommend eating every 3 hours to facilitate greater absorption of the protein by the body.
How to prepare egg whites to increase muscle mass
One of the most traditional, fast and simple ways to take egg whites is to make an omelet with them. The process is super easy.
- 4 egg whites (you can vary the amount depending on the body weight you have, although it is not recommended to take more than four at a time)
- A little extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- Put a pan on the fire and add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
- While the oil is tempered, open the four eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Take the egg whites and beat them as if you were going to make a normal tortilla.
- Pour the whipped whites into the pan and add a pinch of salt, according to your taste.
- Once curdled, you can already eat it.
Other recipes to take egg white to increase muscle mass
In addition to taking egg whites in tortillas, it is possible to attach them to other ingredients to prepare different dishes and combinations. The best options are:
- Egg whites with oatmeal: you just have to mix the egg whites with the ground oats or the oat flakes to put it on a pan and make as a kind of tortilla.
- Egg whites with broccoli: you must boil broccoli or broccoli, while eggs are also cooked in another saucepan. Once everything is ready, put the broccoli in a pan and add the white part of the egg cooked in small pieces to sauté it.
- Egg whites in flan: and if you are a sweet tooth, you can also prepare a very simple flan with egg whites. Just mix them with milk and add two tablespoons of cocoa powder. You heat it a little on the fire or in the microwave and pour it into the flannel. When it has cooled, you are ready to eat.