Taking into account how to stretch before doing weights is essential so that we can make use of these instruments while minimizing the risk of injury. Thus, although weights are very useful for strengthening muscles, the body must be prepared to work with this extra weight in conditions where it will require effort. To help you exercise in a healthy way, here we explain how to stretch before doing weights.
Steps to follow:
1. To stretch before doing weights, the first thing we should do is to warm the entire body slightly, so that the body reaches the proper temperature for intense physical activity. The best warm-up should involve most of your body’s muscles. For example, it is very convenient that you do 5 minutes of light jogging or exercise bike.
2. If you are going to work mainly with the upper body train, to stretch before doing weights you must emphasize the shoulders. A very simple and practical exercise to numb them is to raise them up and then return to the starting position. Do it 15 times. You can also perform the same exercise another 15 times but in this case, bring your shoulders back.
3. Stretching before doing weights also requires you to consider your arms. To stretch them, you can intertwine your fingers and bring them as high as you can over your head. Do 20 repetitions, keeping the posture about 5 seconds when you reach the highest point.
4. The abdominals must also be prepared for the exercise, so to stretch before doing weights you must also work them. It has to be a simple activity, since it is not about strengthening them but simply stretching them. Do 2 sets of 15 abs.
5. You should not forget your legs when stretching before doing weights. To promote blood flow and at the same time stretch the muscles of the inner limbs, you can extend on the floor and lift one leg at a right angle to the floor. Surround your thigh with your hands to help you maintain the position for about 10 seconds. Do 5 repetitions with each leg.
6. If you do this simple stretching routine before doing weight training when working with these tools, you will greatly reduce the possibility of muscle overloads and even injure yourself. It is also important that you know how to work with these tools, which can be dangerous if you do not use them well.