The Pilates method is a form of training that is based on toning the muscles but without increasing its volume, the latter an aspect that especially worries women. We recommend that you read this article to know the difference between toning and building muscle. Well, Pilates, in addition, is based on the work of the abdomen as a starting point to improve lumbar health. Here are a series of exercises on how to do Pilates for the abdomen.
Steps to follow:
1. The first exercise that we propose is somewhat complicated, so read the instructions carefully before you start doing it. More than difficult execution, this activity requires a lot of strength in the abdomen, to avoid damaging the back while practicing.
Place yourself sitting on a mat with your legs extended. Now, turn your back while raising your legs, so that your body simulates a “V”. To avoid causing back problems, you must make a lot of effort with the abdomen, which is the one that must withstand all the tension.
2. One tip to make this exercise easier for you is to extend your arms forward, so that they serve as a counterpoint to keep your balance. In any case, if you notice pain in the back, stop doing so and postpone it until your abdomen is stronger. If you manage to execute it, hold the position for about 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
3. This other exercise on how to do Pilates for the abdomen is much more affordable, among other things, because the back remains stuck to the ground at all times. This data is important, you have to lie on a mat on the floor and place your back on it naturally, without it being in a forced posture.
Once well placed, with your legs straight, raise your right so that it forms an angle of 45 degrees with the ground and without bending it. Hold it for 10 seconds and do 10 repetitions with each leg.
4. This other Pilates exercise will also do very well to strengthen your abdomen. Get on your knees on the mat and with your palms resting on the floor, in a quadruped position. Now stop supporting your left hand and stretch your left arm forward. Then, lift the opposite leg, right, and stretch it back.
5. This exercise is complex due to the fact that you will have to strive to maintain balance. In addition to a good concentration, the force you will squeeze the abdomen will help you perform it correctly. Maintain the position for 5 to 10 seconds and do 10 repetitions in the manner described and others by raising the right hand next to the left leg.
6. Pilates is a very complete training method that attracts many people. In addition to serving to strengthen your abdomen, Pilates has many other benefits. We recommend that you read this article about the benefits of this activity that will encourage you to practice it.