Losing weight in 30 days may or may not be possible. To start, it depends on how much weight you have to lose. Someone who has 5 kilograms to lose is much more likely to reach the goal than someone with more weight. To lose 0.5 kilograms you have to burn 3500 calories. If you are going to spend 500 more calories, than we eat every day, you will lose half a kilo per week. The best way to do this is through moderate exercise and a healthy diet. Often, the elimination of junk foods, such as those high in fat and sugar, is enough to start losing weight.
Steps to follow:
1. Do 30 minutes of exercise every day. Go for a walk, swim and do some running. Join an aerobics class.
2. Throw away all junk food from your home. This means getting rid of chips, soda, ice cream, cookies and candy. If you are not at home, it is easier for us not to eat this type of food.
3. Make a menu plan for a week. Include breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. Include whole grains, vegetables, fruits and lean proteins. Eat fat in moderation.
4. Make a list of foods you need for your menu and go shopping.
5. Prepare food in advance. Wash and cut the vegetables. Cook the rice or pasta ahead of time.
6. Eat at the table. Focus on your food and how you know.
7. Take only a reasonable portion of each food: 1/2 cup of vegetables, 0.5 kg of protein or a slice of bread.
8. Keep a diary. Write down your feelings, your successes and slips.
9. Weigh yourself once a week. You can safely lose 0.5 to 1.5 kilos per week.
10. Keep a positive attitude. Listen to inspirational talks or read positive books. Attend a weight loss group to have moral support. Look for a partner for weight loss.
- Slow weight loss is more likely to be more permanent.
- Know your weaknesses and what causes you to overeat.
- Read the labels to make sure that the foods you buy don’t have too much added sugar or fat.
- Losing weight too fast is bad for the heart, bones and overall health.