Do you want to lose those extra pounds? The step is an aerobic practice that will help you lose weight as well as tone your body and show it more smooth and in good shape. It is an activity that you can do both at home and in the gym and that will help you exercise your body in a healthy way. But if what you want is to achieve visible results in a short time, it is recommended that you accompany your exercise with a balanced diet and healthy living practices. In this article we tell you how to lose weight doing steps so that you take full advantage of the benefits of this sport.
Steps to follow:
1. The step is an exercise that combines cardiovascular and toning work since it puts the muscles of the body to work to the rhythm of music and a fun choreography. If what you want is to do a step at home, you should keep in mind that the only thing that is needed to carry out this exercise is a platform that is like a small step with a non-slip surface on which you will develop the exercise.
The height of the step can vary depending on the intensity and your level, the higher it is, the more exercise you will do and the more you tone your body. If you are going to start in the world of step, from a How we recommend that you start with a low height (about 10 centimeters) and that, little by little, you increase it.
2. To get thinner with step it is important that you carry out a weekly routine with the practice of this activity to make the results visible in your body. There are a lot of exercises you can do on a step and if you go to a class led by a professional you will see how it changes choreography to make the class fun and enjoyable.
Among the best step exercises you can do to lose weight, the following stand out:
- To start heating, you can go up and down the step as if it were a step following the rhythm of the music; you can start with a slow pace and then increase it to burn more calories.
- Another exercise is to raise one leg over the step and lift the knee of the opposite leg; go interleaving the legs and repeat this exercise 15 times for 3 sets. You will get to tone the buttocks and thighs.
- The buttocks can also be exercised by raising one leg to the step and, with the other, kicking backwards, stretching the leg completely. Go interposing the legs and repeat the exercise 15 times for 3 sets.
3. If you want to lose weight with step it is important that, as we have already said, you perform a weekly training routine that will tone your muscles and keep you fit. In general, it is recommended that the practice of exercise be either 30 minutes a day or, if you do not have time for it, you can do 1 hour every 2 days, thus combining 30 minutes a day in one session.
If instead of a step class you are going to train with a gym apparatus, you should know that for the optimal exercise it is recommended that you spend at least 20 minutes of your training in cardiovascular activities. Keep in mind that it is from the 20th minute when the body fat begins to burn so an ideal 1 hour workout would be distributed as follows:
- 20 to 40 minutes of cardiovascular activities (such as step, for example)
- Toning exercises (the ideal thing is that a trainer indicates the best routine for your body and your particular needs)
- 10 minutes of stretching
4. In addition to being a good exercise to lose weight, the step is an activity that brings great benefits to our body such as the following:
- It helps tone the muscles,especially those of the lower extremities (thighs, buttocks, twins, etc.).
- By doing cardiovascular work, you can improve aerobic endurance, strength and flexibility of our body. In the same way, it also increases the oxygen absorption capacity, thus improving the health of the heart.
- Get stress relief and release the tensions accumulated in our day to day.
5. But if what we are looking for is to lose weight, the most appropriate thing is to combine the practice of exercise with a healthy and low-fat diet that helps us to eat only what our leather needs. So, in general, to lose weight it is essential that you take into account these premises concerning food:
- A diet rich in vegetables and vegetables: the great nutritional contribution that these foods have, the few calories and the high satiety that they provide make them the fundamental pillars on which your diet should be erected.
- Low-fat proteins: it is important that if we want to lose weight, we will put aside meat such as pork (since they contain a lot of calories) and opt for lean meatsand white fish. In the case of eggs, rich in protein, it is recommended that we eat only the white and separate the yolk.
- Integral carbohydrates and in the morning: this group of foods provides a lot of energy and, therefore, it is essential that they be taken during the first hours of the day being totally advised against during dinner. Why? Because if we do not take advantage of the energy they give us, it ends up becoming saturated fat. It is also essential that we opt for those made with whole wheat flour because they are a high fiber source.
- Light dinners: the body uses the calories of food to function, therefore, we must imagine that our body works as if it were a machine. At the end of the day, all we are going to do is rest and, therefore, our body hardly needs calories, so it is important that we opt for light dinners that take us out but do not make us fat.
- Eat 5 times a day: in order to speed up the metabolism and avoid eating large portions at the main times of the day, it is important that you distribute your meals in 5 doses. This way you will get your stomach to work throughout the day and, in addition, you will not have that feeling of voracious hunger.