The dumbbells are great allies to perform exercises that strengthen the muscles of our arms, but also to work the upper back and chest. An important point to which we must pay attention is to the graduation of the weight, since if we put too much we run the risk of loading the muscles and even injuring ourselves. So you can make the most of its possibilities, here we explain how to exercise with dumbbells.
Steps to follow:
1. The first of all is to assess whether we are going to get a fixed weight dumbbell or adjustable dumbbell. If we are starting, it is better to choose this last option since we will start with little weight until we are gaining shape to be able to use more force.
2. An exercise to do with dumbbells and strengthen your shoulders consists of, sitting on a chair and with your back straight, raise your arms, flexed and with your elbows in line with your shoulders. Once well placed, the movement will consist of raising the dumbbells as much as possible, and then returning to the starting position.
3. The dumbbells also allow us to work the dorsal of the back. If we do the exercises in a gym, we can use a bank, if we do them at home, we will help ourselves with a similar element, which is hard surface and not very high.
We have to place ourselves with a bent leg on the bench or similar and the hand on the same side, also supported. On the other hand, with the arm stretched perpendicular to the ground, we will have the dumbbell, while the knee will be on the floor, with the leg bent.
Then, we raise the arm in which we have the dumbbell, until the limb forms a right angle. Next, we repeat the exercise by placing ourselves in reverse, to work the dorsal on the other side of the back.
4. To work the pecs and the back of the arms, we will use a single dumbbell, which we will hold with both hands at the same time. We will also need the help of the bank. To perform this exercise, we sit on the floor and stretch our backs and arms above the head back. We will support the upper part of the back on the bench. The exercise involves bringing the dumbbell to the chest and then returning it to the starting point.
5. A very simple exercise with dumbbells to work the upper part of the arms consists of holding a dumbbell in each hand, standing and with the arms stretched along the body, in its natural position. Alternatively, we raise each arm until it makes a right angle with the rest of the body.