Pilates is one of the most popular practices in recent years, to occupy a respectable place next to yoga when it comes to disciplines to reduce stress. Pilates strengthens the muscles, especially the back, while offering important relaxing and respiratory benefits. Body and mind control and balance are also important principles in this practice, which has extensive benefits for our health. Here we explain the most outstanding.
Steps to follow:
1. Breathing plays a fundamental role in the practice of Pilates and is one of its principles. The movements are harmonious and are in tune with the breath in a conscious way, so practicing Pilates frequently improves our breathing capacity significantly, being a good exercise for those who suffer health problems linked to this aspect.
2. Pilate’s exercises, although they work our whole body, focus on what its inventor, Joseph H. Pilates, called the center of power, which is only the lower area of the trunk, so Pilates exercises strengthen very strongly this area is important, helping to prevent and improve back pain and discomfort.
3. After a few weeks practicing Pilates, it often shows up as the abdomen area strengthens. This is one of the main benefits of this practice, which helps us maintain balance thanks to the strengthening of the back and abdomen muscles.
4. Thanks to the repetition of exercises in a harmonious and controlled way, our joints benefit by improving their state in a remarkable way. Pilates is also a great practice to increase flexibility and muscle health. All this helps to reduce the possibility of injury, being a great alternative for athletes.
5. Thanks to concentrating part of his technique in the trunk area, it is a great exercise to correct our posture, improve back and neck discomfort and promote balance.
6. Pilates is an outstanding practice to reduce stress, thanks to the high levels of concentration it requires. The work of breathing and the repetition of exercises that generate well-being, helps to eliminate tension and promote self-esteem.
In addition, in the long term, Pilates is reflected in our figure, helping us to show a more toned general muscles, especially the abdomen, back and buttocks.
7. Undoubtedly, Pilates is a practice full of benefits for our health, also favoring those people who have suffered certain injuries and helping their recovery. From a How we encourage you to practice it and start enjoying all its contributions to health.