The goal of warming up in the gym is none other than getting your body to reach the optimal situation to perform at its best during training. In addition to being more effective in sports, this also helps us reduce the risk of injury while subjecting the body to stress. From the physical point of view, what warming seeks, as its name suggests, is to increase the body temperature.
Steps to follow:
1. The elliptical has multiple benefits and one of them is that it allows you to warm your entire body at the same time. Of course, you should use it at a moderate pace so that what you do about it is a low intensity activity, which is suitable for heating.
2. On the exercise bike you will also find an answer to the question of how to warm up in the gym. However, with this machine, basically, you will be doing a job located on the legs, which is useful if you want to warm mainly the lower extremities.
3. If, on the contrary, what you want is to heat the upper area of the body, trunk and arms, you must use the oar. You will have to start at a low pace, a level that you will maintain until you break a sweat.
4. If you have exercised the day before and notice the stiff body, gentle stretching should also be part of your warm-up work. In any case, stretching is something you should always do once you’re done with your training routine.
5. On average, you should spend about 15 minutes to warm up in the gym. However, this figure will increase if your physical condition is not good. Anyway, you should never spend half an hour warming up, since the effect would be that of excessive energy consumption before starting with the training for which we prepare.