The legs, unfortunately, are from the parts of the body where fat tends to accumulate most, especially in the area of the thighs, which are also prone to cellulite or orange peel. If you cannot reduce the volume of your legs and would like to wear any garment with total safety and without complexes, there is nothing more effective than reviewing the diet to achieve the ideal weight and tone the muscles by performing some exercises. Pay attention to the advice we give you in this article about how to slim your legs, it’s easier than it seems!
Steps to follow:
1. Starting to change your eating habits and make some changes in the diet that you follow daily is essential to thin the legs and reduce measures. Strive to maintain a healthy and balanced diet, taking into account the following recommendations:
- Reduce the amount of calories you eat each day, eating mostly more fresh vegetables and fruits, meats with a lower caloric intake such as chicken, turkey or rabbit, fish, whole grains and fat-free dairy products.
- Decrease the consumption of saturated and unsaturated fats, foods high in salts and sugars, fatty foods, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
- Try to make a total of 5 or 6 meals a day that have a smaller portion of food to speed up the metabolism and eat more slowly so that fat absorption is done more slowly.
- Drink plenty of water during the day (between 1.5 and 2 liters) to eliminate toxins and prevent fluid retention, a condition that mainly affects the legs by swelling and swelling.
2. In addition to healthy eating, if this is not complemented by an optimal physical exercise routine, it will be impossible to visualize the results and look thinner legs. So, on the one hand, it is recommended that you carry out a type of aerobic physical activity at least 3 times a week or for about 10 or 20 minutes every day; you can start smoothly and increase the time and intensity of the exercise.
Among the most recommended aerobic activities to slim your legs, we find hiking, running, swimming, cycling, spinning, zumba classes, water gym, aerobic dance … all of them are excellent options to improve the blood circulation of the legs and burn fat faster.
3. On the other hand, it is recommended to do toning exercises that help strengthen the muscles of the legs and always keep them firm and stylized. These types of exercises can be done using some machines in the gym or at home more comfortably. Here are some of the most effective:
- Squats Stand up, with your back straight and your feet slightly open at shoulder height, then start to rise and fall simulating the movement of when you sit flexing your knees. It is important that you keep your back straight at all times to avoid spinal injuries.
- Stride Stand with your back straight, hands on your waist and legs together. Then, forward one leg and flex both knees until you get to form a 90 degree angle. Hold for about 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Leg lift sitting on a mat, keep your back straight and your legs fully stretched. Then, raise one of the legs as much as you can, keep it in the air for about 5 seconds and return to the starting position. Then, repeat the exercise with the other leg to alternate both.
- Lie on a mat, flex your legs at a 90 degree angle and start making circular movements with it simulating the same movement you do when pedaling a bicycle.
- Jump rope. If you have a rope at home, use it to jump and see how you burn fat from the legs and tone them. In the case that you do not have it, you can simulate the movements by placing the arms to the sides of the body and starting to jump.
4. Sometimes not only thin the legs and reduce their volume, but also the skin is quite flaccid and, therefore, it is impossible to wear stylized and attractive legs. That is why you can also beautify them using a good firming and anti-cellulite cream , which will help you destroy the fat deposits that accumulate under the skin and give it such an aesthetic appearance. Apply it after exfoliating your skin with a mane glove and do it by means of a circular massage for a better absorption of its nutrients.
Likewise, finishing the shower by applying the jet of cold water on the legs is a good way to improve the blood circulation of the area and contribute to the skin being smoother and less sagging. In addition, this gesture is also ideal to avoid feeling tired legs.