We don’t always have the time or money to go to a gym to train. And not for that reason we must neglect our body. If you are one of those people who cannot go to a gym and want to gain muscular strength, in this article of a How we tell you how to gain muscle without weights or any special equipment. We will indicate some good exercises so that you can tone your body and, thus, eliminate the excess fat that you have accumulated by losing those extra kilos and sporting a flat and strong torso. Keep reading!
Steps to follow:
1. First of all, you should be very aware that gaining muscle mass without weights is possible but requires a lot of perseverance, strength and dedication. There are many exercises in which the bodies own weight is used as a resistance, without the need to resort to huge weight equipment such as those in gyms. In this article we show you how to gain muscle without weights through a series of specific exercises that will help you increase muscle mass throughout your body.
2. One of the best known exercises to develop muscle strength without the need for weights is the so-called lizard or the plank exercise, which consists in raising one’s weight on the tip of the feet and palms, always keeping the back straight and aligned, so that the shoulders or buttocks do not protrude above the rest of the body.
In this position several muscle groups of the body are worked, among others, the upper part of the body (shoulders and arms), the chest muscles and also the abdominal area, so it is a very complete exercise, since through from it you lift the entire weight of your body without the need for devices.
In addition, if for example, you prefer to locate the training in the pectoral musculature, you just have to separate the position of the hands a little more to focus the effort on the chest. Start by trying to do two or three sets a day of between 8 or 10 repetitions and as you gain muscle strength, increase the frequency and number of repetitions.
3. For the following exercise, known as funds (or dips) it is only necessary to have one chair at home. We stand in front of the chair, as if we were going to sit but instead of doing it, we held the seat with both hands and, with our legs fully stretched and the heels resting on the floor, we flexed all the muscles of the upper part of the body (biceps and triceps, mainly) until the seat of the chair is at the height of the middle of the back and then, we rise again on our arms.
The buttocks should never touch the ground and the back has to be as straight as possible. Like the previous exercise, start with three sets of 8 or 10 repetitions and increase as you gain strength, because if you make too much effort at the beginning, you are more likely to get injured and leave training soon.
4. To work and tone the buttocks and muscles of the hip area, the ideal squats (or squats) are ideal, with which we also train all the muscles of the legs and back, making it one of the best exercises to gain muscle without weights, using only the weight of the body itself.
How are squats made? Well, stand up and place your arms at a right angle facing forward, parallel to the ground. The back should be erect and not arched, the shoulders firm but not rigid. Once you achieve this position, the exercise consists of lowering the hip and buttocks as if you were to sit in an ‘invisible’ chair, flexing the knees, so that the weight is distributed in the legs and trunk.
Maintain this posture for at least 15 seconds the first time, and gradually increase until you reach 2 minutes. Repeat 10 to 15 times daily and you will see how you notice that your muscles increase while toning.
5. Among the most popular exercises to gain muscle without weights are the abdominals, not only at the aesthetic level but also at the level of physical health, since these muscles are in the center of the human body and when they work, all the central muscles are trained and back.
Lie on your back, flex your legs and knees, keeping them up. Put your hands on the back of the head, just above the neck and in this posture, against the abdomen and raise the upper part of it. Be very careful because the force must come from the upper body, never from the neck because serious injuries can occur.
6. In addition to physical exercise, food plays a fundamental role in gaining muscle without weights. Eating a healthy and balanced diet helps you in your goal of increasing muscle mass. In your daily diet you cannot miss proteins, which are undoubtedly the ideal food when you want to increase the muscle mass of the body.
The main proteins can be found in lean meats, fish, milk, eggs or nuts (nuts, mainly). We encourage you to add these foods to your daily diet and you will see how you gain in both health and muscle mass.