Exercising without increasing muscle mass is possible if the activity is done in the proper way and with the precise intensity for it. Determining type of food, in which carbohydrates and proteins do not abound, will also help you in your goal of not gaining volume when you play sports.
Steps to follow:
1. The principle that you must follow if you want to know how to exercise without increasing muscle mass is to do a lot of cardiovascular activity and few or no strength exercise, which is one that works intensely on muscle groups causing them to increase volume rapidly.
2. Women tend to worry more about not gaining muscle mass when exercising. It is necessary to point out at this point that, by nature, women develop muscles to a lesser extent than men, so the exercise would have to be very intense for the muscles to become bulky.
3. On the other hand, also in relation to the issue of muscle mass, do not worry if during the first days or weeks of starting to exercise notes that slightly increase your weight? Muscle weighs three times more than fat, so this process is natural.
4. The elliptical is one of the most suitable machines if you want to exercise without increasing muscle mass. It is preferable that you do it at low intensity and for longer, than in a few minutes at a high rate if you want to achieve your goals.
5. Swimming is another very interesting sport for exercise without gaining muscle mass. If you practice it exclusively and very intensely, you run the risk that the upper train will develop more than the lower one. To avoid it, combine it with other types of activities and practice all the swimming styles that are affordable for you.