Are you going to the gym to lose weight? There are many women who are in your same situation: they begin to want to take care of themselves and, for this, they take care of their diet and begin to exercise. But do you know exactly how you have to design your weight loss routine? There are many confusions regarding the best exercises and the most recommended disciplines. However, in a COMO we will clear any doubts you have about it. Next, you will find the best gym routine for weight loss (for women) with which you will be able to reduce the accumulation of fat and sculpt your silhouette. If you want to change your body, follow our tips!
Cardio in a gym routine for women
If you want to know what is the best gym routine to lose weight (for women), you have to know how our body works. Many people believe that, to lose weight, it is enough that you spend most of your training sweating and doing cardio. But it’s not like that. The cardiovascular exercises are ideal to help you burn fat, that’s true, but it’s not all you have to do.
Here we are going to discover how your cardio routine in the gym has to be if you want to lose weight:
- Choose the best machine for you: you should keep in mind that not all cardio machines are good for everyone. If you are quite overweight you should avoid the treadmill and, failing that, opt for the elliptical or the bike. The reason is that the tape can overload your joints and increase the risk of wear or injury.
- 20 minutes of cardio: to be able to notice the effect of cardio exercises it is important that you spend at least 20 to 30 minutes. Otherwise, the fat burning process will not be activated and the exercise will hardly take effect.
- Intensify intensities:to be able to lose weight in the gym it is essential that you are not all the time exercising at the same intensity or speed. Keep in mind that the body is a very intelligent machine and, therefore, it can adapt to new energy demands by making fat burning regulate. The ideal thing is that, during your training, you intersperse different speeds to prevent your body from getting used to the exercise and, thus, being at maximum performance throughout the training.
- Increase the intensity progressively: it is important that you adapt the training to your physical condition. When you start training in the gym it is normal that, with little, you get tired. But, as time passes, your body will become stronger and stronger, so you must increase your level of demand. Only then, you can see improvements and lose weight.
But we have to highlight something: if you only do cardio exercises you will hardly notice any change in your body. If you want to lose weight but also tone and sculpt, you have to incorporate strength exercises and weights. With toning is when you can really transform the body. Therefore, going to the gym just for a run is a very bad idea; it is best to combine both cardio and toning to get a complete job.
Toning, essential to lose weight in the gym
We continue with this article about the best gym routine for weight loss (for women) talking, now, about toning. Normally, many girls do not spend a lot of time on strength exercises because they believe that what they are looking for is to lose weight, not gain muscle. However, we want to emphasize that, to lose weight in the gym, strength exercises are fundamental.
There are many doubts and confusion about this issue. Many women do not want to look “muscular” or their muscles get too large. And, the truth is that getting male bodybuilding is very complicated in the female body. In fact, a lot of training is needed as well as the intake of protein supplements that help to better define the muscles.
Therefore, you will not feel too muscular to add toning exercises. The only thing you will get is to reduce the localized fat of your body and also define and improve the appearance of your silhouette. It is for this reason that it is essential that in your gym routine to lose weight include strength exercises.
How to organize a strength routine for women
Basically, we will have to train all the muscle groups of the body, both the upper and lower body. There are many girls who only pay attention to the area that most worries them (legs, buttocks, etc.) but you have to work your whole body to achieve a homogeneous and compensated result.
- Combine muscle groups:if you don’t want to get tired of excess, a good way to train in the gym is to insert the muscle groups. For example, on Monday you can train the upper train and on Tuesday the lower one. Thus, you will leave a rest of 24 hours to your muscles that will take advantage to strengthen and rest.
- Combine weights with machines:to avoid getting bored in your training you can combine different toning exercises. Weights can be boring, so you can also include free weight exercises or go to classes such as GAP, Body Pump, and so on.
- Do 3 sets of 10 or 15 repetitions: so that the muscles feel the work of the weights you must divide your training and do 3 sets of about 10 to 15 repetitions for each exercise.
- If you want to get faster results, nothing better than starting with a series with a certain weight, the second one to increase the weight a little more and the third one to be the heaviest. In this case, the first series may be 15 repetitions, the second 10 and the third 8.
Example of a routine to lose weight as a woman
Now that you know some previous tips to be able to design your gym routine to lose weight (for women), let’s give you two examples. As we have said, something very positive is to differentiate muscle groups in each session. Thus, you will be able to protect the health of the muscle and avoid tears or injuries.
Routine 1: cardio and top train
As we have already mentioned, cardio should always be part of your gym routine to lose weight. However, it does not have to be the primary element but it has to share prominence with the toning exercises.
Here we discover a perfect routine to work the top train and do cardio:
- 5 minutes warm up and stretch
- 4 sets of abs (working both the lower, lateral and upper)
- 3 sets of triceps
- 3 series of pecs
- 3 series of biceps (with machine or weights, however you like)
- 3 sets of back or 5 minutes of rowing
- 3 sets of shoulders or pushups
- 20-30 minutes of cardio (to choose)
- 10 minutes of stretching
Routine 2: cardio and lower train
On the second day you can let the upper muscles rest and put the lower ones to work, that is, buttocks, legs, twins, and so on. To do this, you can follow this routine example to lose weight in the gym:
- 5 minute warm up
- 4 sets of dumbbell squats
- 3 sets of push-ups (on the machine)
- 3 series on the hip machine
- 4 series on the machine to work the inner side of the thigh
- 3 series to work the back of the leg
- 4 sets of abs
- 20/30 minutes of cardio
- 10 minutes to stretch and relax